CCAS 2154 Eligibility Requirements
INTERNSHIP FOR ELECTIVE CREDIT CCAS 2154 ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Internships are excellent opportunities for students to apply their academic knowledge in a professional environment and gain a practical understanding of the field in which they are interning. Internships, whether paid or unpaid, are also valuable supplements to academic work, and the Columbian College gladly provides the opportunity for undergraduates to earn academic credit for their internships.
In order to ensure consistency and fairness to all students, the Columbian College has established general academic requirements that students must satisfy to receive credit for their internship. The amount of work varies depending upon the number of credits that each student wishes to receive. Students must be engaged in meaningful work at the internship site to qualify for academic credit.
Note: A maximum of six credit hours earned in CCAS 2154 can be applied towards the Bachelor’s degree. Students may earn 1-3 credit hours for CCAS 2154 in any one semester.
Requirements for Eligibility for CCAS 2154
- Be an undergraduate with at
least 30 credit hours earned (excluding AP, IB, dual enrollment credit) and at least one semester in residence
- Have no more than one Incomplete on transcript
- Hold a cumulative GPA of at
APPLICATION MATERIALS (DUE T
- Application for Elective Internship (including signatures of faculty advisor and internship supervisor)
- Responses to the 6 provided questions, typed, on a separate sheet of paper
- Research Paper: Each student must complete a research paper (as true with all other academic coursework), which incorporates scholarly literature, on a subject relevant to the internship. A paper proposal should be submitted to the faculty advisor who the student has found to mentor the internship experience. Faculty advisors have final approval on all aspects of the research paper except the length, which is set by the Columbian College.
- Related Readings: Each student must read a designated number of pages of literature, agreed to with the faculty advisor, relevant to their internship and research paper. In addition, faculty advisors have the authority to set deadlines and assign any related work (e.g., reflection papers on the readings).
- Internship Hours: See the following table for minimum requirements:
|Number of Credit Hours||Minimum # of Hours Per Week at Internship||Minimum Pages of Research Paper|
|0||summer only – please inquire||summer only – please inquire|
|1||6 hours per week||8 – 10 pages|
|2||10 hours per week||12 – 15 pages|
|3||15 hours per week||16 – 20 pages|
GRADE OF “Pass/No Pass” WILL BE DETERMINED BY:
- The faculty advisor’s review of the graded work
- The internship supervisor’s Final Evaluation of Student Performance
- Verification that the number of required hours has been met
After requirements are verified, you will be registered for CCAS 2154 Elective Internship. Congratulations email to follow.