CCAS students must complete their CCAS major in order to graduate. A cross-school major may not substitute for the CCAS major, but only supplement it. Upon graduation, the student’s diploma and transcript will list both majors, but will not list the other school's name outside of CCAS.
Applying for Cross-School Majors
- Majors: Asian Studies, International Affairs, Latin American Studies or Middle Eastern Studies
- CCAS students considering an ESIA major must complete a Declaration of Major Form and meet with an ESIA advisor.
- Majors: Applied Science and Technology or Computer Science (application required)
- A student who is considering a second major in SEAS is required to inform SEAS of this consideration so that a SEAS advisor may be assigned early in the student’s program. Students interested in declaring a second major in computer science must meet certain admission criteria and should email [email protected] for more information.
- Majors: BS in Finance (application required)
- CCAS students who wish to pursue the GWSB BS Degree with a Major in Finance must apply and be admitted to this competitive program. Interested students should visit the GW Business School website to find the Finance Major Curriculum Sheet for non-business students, application instructions and deadlines, as well as other related materials.
- Majors: BS in Public Health
- CCAS students considering the Public Health major must apply and be admitted to the major. At that time, the student can decide if they wish to transfer internally to the Milken Institute or continue to reside in CCAS and double major.
Applying for Cross-School Minors
To declare a minor outside of CCAS, students must complete the Declaration of Major/Minor Form (PDF), or (if relevant) the minor form of the applicable school. The appropriate form must have the approval and signature of the school which houses the minor, and then should be handed into the Undergraduate Advising office for processing.
Permitted Minors From Other Schools
- Elliott School of International Affairs
- Milken Institute School of Public Health
- Naval Reserve Officer Training Corps
- School of Business
- School of Engineering and Applied Sciences
- School of Medicine and Health Sciences