Cross School Majors

Columbian College students may declare an additional major: 

Students interested in applying should consider:

  • CCAS students considering an ESIA major must complete a Declaration of Major Form, which is available in Phillips 107, and meet with an ESIA advisor.
  • A student who is considering a second major in SEAS is required to inform SEAS of this consideration so that a SEAS advisor may be assigned early in the student’s program. Students interested in declaring a second major in Computer Science must meet certain admission criteria and should email [email protected] for more information. 
  • CCAS students who wish to pursue the GWSB BS Degree with a major in Finance, must apply and be admitted to this competitive program.  Interested students should visit the GW Business School website to find the Finance Major Curriculum Sheet for non-Business students, application instructions and deadlines, as well as other related materials.
  • CCAS students considering the Public Health major must apply and be admitted to the major. At that time, the student can decide if they wish to transfer internally to the Milken Institute or continue to reside in CCAS and double major. 

Note: CCAS students must complete their CCAS major in order to graduate. A cross school major may not substitute for the CCAS major, but only supplement it. Upon graduation, the student’s diploma and transcript will list both majors, but will not list either ESIA, SEAS, or GWSB or MISPH.

Cross School Minors

Students may also pursue a minor outside of the Columbian College.