GW students considering post-baccalaureate studies, or earning elective credit for an internship, should utilize the CCAS Pre-Professional Advising Office. The pre-professional advisors are CCAS advisors who also specialize in an area of post baccalaureate study/internship for credit. Pre-Professional Advising is available to all GW students and alumni only.
- Office location: Smith Hall, Suite 118 (801 22nd Street, NW), across the breezeway from Phillips 107
- Hours: Monday - Friday: 8am – 5pm
- Appointments: Book online or call (202) 994-6210
- CCAS has two Health Professions Advisors, who work with students interested in allopathic (MD) and osteopathic (DO) medical schools, as well as dentistry, veterinary medicine, physician assistant, nursing, and all other health professions.
- Law schools require a student to have earned a bachelor’s degree, but there is no required, or even preferred, major for law school. Likewise, there are no required courses for admission to law school. The Pre-Law Advisor is available for individual appointments.
- Students considering the pursuit of a graduate degree (MA, MS, MBA, MSW, MPH, PhD, etc.) can speak with the CCAS advisor specializing in graduate school preparation.
- Students often discover a passion or enhance their preparation for a particular field through internships. Many students get credit for internships through their majors; other students enroll for internships through CCAS (CCAS 2154) for elective credit. Interested students may speak with the advisor specializing in internships about issues such as finding an internship, selecting the right internship, and getting credit for the internship.