Students often discover a passion or enhance their preparation for a particular field through internships. Many students get credit for internships through their majors and others earn elective credit through CCAS 2154.
Interested students should begin by following the steps below in order to apply for the Elective Internship course:
- Obtain an internship for a number of hours per week that would not interfere with your academic workload.
- Read the Internship for Elective Credt information sheet regarding student eligibility, application materials, and academic requirements.
- Take some time to think about your internship and what information you may learn throughout your experience. You are encouraged to use that information to help shape your research for the required paper for the course.
- Think about the faculty you've interacted with in the past as well as your intended research topic, and then make contact with a full-time faculty member that may be interested in supervising your readings and research for the semester
- Complete numbers 1, 2, and 3 of the Application for Elective Internship with your faculty sponsor and have him/her sign the application.
- Complete numbers 3, 4, and 5 of the Application for Elective Internship with your internship supervisor and have him/her sign the application.
- Fill out the Registration Transaction Form with your student information.
- Submit the completed Application for Elective Internship (with questions 1-6 written) and completed Registration Transaction Form to Phillips 107 (please expect a processing time of 3-5 business days).
- Congratulations! As long as you've met the minimum requirements, you've successfully applied and registered for CCAS 2154.
Due date: Completed application and the RTF are due each semester to the Undergraduate Studies Office by the end of the fourth week.
- Application for Elective Internship (Fall/Spring)
- Registration Transaction Form (Spring 2016 - must be submitted along with the Application)
Internship Office Hours: Mondays: 2:30pm-3:30pm & Fridays: 9:30am-10:30am